Re: [Groff] Indexing these days with groff

From: Denis M. Wilson
Subject: Re: [Groff] Indexing these days with groff
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 17:35:45 +0100

Hello all,

I have indexing in my -markup macros (which do the same sort of job as
-mom but differently). It uses the conventions of makeindex, and creates
several intermediate files (so has to be used with groff -U). The
process is automatic using the .Index macro. You can find the source and
documentation in

http://www.oxytropis.plus.com/groff/

where there is a rather old version (I'll try to find time to update
it), but it's worked well for many years.

I don't know of any other troff macro package with indexing.

Denis