Re: [Groff] Build groff from CVS - afmtodit not found

From: Deri James
Subject: Re: [Groff] Build groff from CVS - afmtodit not found
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 17:18:45 +0100

On Sunday 16 Sep 2012 17:44:09 Werner LEMBERG wrote:
> > Warning: line 78: Failed to create groff font 'U-AB' by running
> > afmtodit
>
> This means that the URW versions of the standard Postscript fonts are
> either not installed or located in a directory not found by a building
> script.  We are aware of this problem, and this will be eventually
> fixed.
>
> > PS: I have a system-wide afmtodit in /usr/bin/afmtodit but I assume
> > this shouldn't be taken as afmtodit is part of groff?
>
> Only groff has afmtodit.  Maybe it's an older version, but the above
> error is not due to that.
>

>     Werner

I'm actually working on this at the moment and I've found that if you are
using debian (or possibly a debian derivative) and have the package "gsfonts"
installed the attached Foundry.in file solves the problem if you replace the
one from cvs in font/devpdf.

I am still working on a more robust solution which will stop the make failing
if the required fonts are not found.

Cheers

Deri