[Groff] multiple lists of references in a document

From: Anton Shterenlikht
Subject: [Groff] multiple lists of references in a document
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 05:35:01 -0800 (PST)

I need to prepare a document with 2 separate
lists of references. I cannot see a way to
do this directly. Is there?

So I wanted to prepare two separate PostScript
documents and then merge them into one with
psmerge, part of psutils:
http://www.knackered.org/angus/psutils/psmerge.html

The two PostScript documents were produced
by the same groff version on the same computer.
Still psmerge produces garbage.

Can anybody confirm they've used psmerge recently
with groff produced PostScript files.

In case somebody has got the time to look into
the files, I uploaded 2 files:

$ cat z.1
.PP
word
$ /usr/local/bin/groff -ms -Tps z.1 > z.ps
$ cp z.ps z1.ps
$ diff z.ps z1.ps
$ psmerge -ozz.ps z.ps z1.ps

z.ps:  http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/z.ps
zz.ps: http://eis.bris.ac.uk/~mexas/zz.ps

This is on FreeBSD 10.1-STABLE amd64, with
$ pkg info -xo groff psutils
groff-1.22.2_1                 textproc/groff
psutils-1.17_4                 print/psutils

I'd be grateful for any advice

Thanks

Anton