Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH

From: Werner LEMBERG
Subject: Re: [Groff] recursive subdirectory search in GROFF_TMAC_PATH
Date: Sat, 03 Oct 2015 21:22:09 +0200 (CEST)

> And then think about the special path "//" which' behaviour is
> implementation defined as well according to POSIX.

Do you actually know the kpathsea library?  Without this library, TeX
file management would be a nightmare.  And kpathsea works on all major
platforms and is very mature.

>  |kpathsea library for groff's file management.  In particular, it
>  |would allow for multiple font configuration files.
>
> This is all too hardwired and restricted, and then scattered at the
> same time.  Nothing a normal person can deal with easily.

Well, if I want to add a font to groff, I would prefer to *not* modify
the system-wide font config file but a local one...

    Werner