Re: [Groff] Licence question regarding an-ext

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] Licence question regarding an-ext
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2015 19:35:21 +0100 (CET)

Werner LEMBERG <address@hidden> wrote:

> > I cannot use the first line unfortunately, it is not compatible to
> > licences of other files.
>
> Why not?  Please explain.

Ok, I'm not sure.  Others files licence is CDDL, at least I have heared that a
binary can't use sources with mixed CDDL and GPL.

There are also OSes which exclude GPL software.  But the mention of a FSF
copyright has nothing to do with GPL--right?

> No, but I consider it polite to leave the copyright section intact,
> even if you are allowed to remove it entirely.

The last sounds good :)

For me it is polite to name the authors no matter for whom they work.  Ok, if
it has no disadvantages I can of course leave the FSF line as it is.  But for
me IMHO the people count, not the companies they work for ;)

Carsten