Re: [Groff] horizontal trap

From: Carsten Kunze
Subject: Re: [Groff] horizontal trap
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2015 20:11:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi Ralph,

> The `.in 1i' gives 2i indentation.  Without diversions, this doesn't
> happen so in some way the token for indentation occurs once originally
> and is "replayed" by .prevline?  I'm sure this has been discussed
> before, but my Google fu let me down.

.in should be set to 0 when the diversion is output (or an environment with .in
0 should be used), else there is indeed double indent.

> More simply, the 3.5-inch line doesn't trigger a .tm, so I guess the
> comparison has to take into account the indent of that line?

Indent is part of the line length. If line length is 4i, indent is 1i and text
(folowing the indent) is 3.5i I had expected \n(dl to be 4.5i which should
trigger the error message...(?)

Carsten