Re: [groff] a5 paper size?

From: Ralph Corderoy
Subject: Re: [groff] a5 paper size?
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 10:35:26 +0000

Hi Richard,

> I’ve done a bit more research, and it looks like gropdf doesn’t
> implement the “\X” command according to the documentation

Please point us to the bit of the documentation you're referring to

> I’m trying to keep things off the command line, because that makes the
> file less self-contained (I would actually like to take the “-Tpdf”
> into the file as well, to tell the truth).

Wrap the file in a shell script and it can contain all the things you
want.  A `here file' fed to sed(1) to `s/^x//' stops the troff source
accidentally containing the `E' ending the here file.

    sed 's/^x//' <<\E
    x1
    xE
    x3

Most people don't want things hard-coded so the user can state local
papersize, e.g. letter v. A4.

--
Cheers, Ralph.
https://plus.google.com/+RalphCorderoy