Two questons: Norwgegian characters and space when switching typeface

From: 陈贤文
Subject: Two questons: Norwgegian characters and space when switching typeface
Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2019 08:08:57 +0100

Dear list,

Today is my second day trying out groff. I have over a decade
experiences with LaTeX and a few years experiences with markdown.

I have two questions.

First question is on Norwegian characters: ø, å, and æ. It seems that
I cannot type them as plain text, because the produced PDF file gives
funny output.

Second question is on the space when switching typefaces.

Here is an example:

(See for example,
I. ABC
)

Now, this will produce a space between ABC and ). Is there some way
that I can get rid of the space there?

Yours sincerely,
Xianwen