Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?

From: Keith Marshall
Subject: Re: Groff macro to make .UR and .UE links clickable in PDF?
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2020 09:41:00 +0100

On 22/06/2020 06:56, B 9 wrote:
> Oh, thank goodness. So, I'm not the only one. So, I guess that brings
> me back to my original question: Can groff make links clickable when
> rendering to PDF? And, I guess the answer is, No, not at the moment.

Actually, it can ... and it does!  (You can see that in the pdfmark
reference manual).  Your problem arises due to your use of a macro set
which has not been adapted to use the facilities of pdfmark.

AFAIK, mom may be the only standard macro set which has been so adapted.
 When I wrote pdfmark, I provided a small wrapper for -ms, to illustrate
how the ms macros might be adapted, but I didn't modify ms itself, and I
left it as an exercise for others, to adapt other macro sets.  AFAIK,
that never happened.

Keith.