Font installation issues Latin1

From: Olle Lögdahl
Subject: Font installation issues Latin1
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 13:04:29 +0100

Hello,

I'm working on installing computer modern font to groff. I can almost get it to work. The only issue I'm having is supporting 'åäö' (i believe all latin1 chars). When comparing my generated dit-file with the one existing for TimesR, I see I'm missing a charset definition for ':o' (and all other latin1 chars). When trying to add it in manually: ':o    500,448,11    2    246 odieresis', it doesn't throw an error, but cant either show the glyph. Also feels way too hacky.

I have no clue about the font system, how should it work? Does it have anything to do with the enc/text.enc file, or the map/textmap files? Or does the :o definition come from the .pfb?

I'm planning on doing a clearer writeup when i know more, i think it would be helpful for groff noobs how to do stuff like this :p

appending some files which might be helpful. Please tell me if you need any more fles/information.

Thanks in advance,

Olle Lögdahl