Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom

From: Bento Borges Schirmer
Subject: Long text in tbl won't wrap, maybe related to mom
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2021 11:05:58 -0300

Hello

I'm having great joy composing little documents for some homework and
assignments using groff and the mom package. Yesterday I wanted to learn how to
make tables so I read through mom's excellent documentation and
reproduced all tables except the last one from L. L. Cherry and M. E.
Lesk's Tbl -- A Program
to Format Tables, when I encountered a problem where the lines wouldn't wrap:

.PRINTSTYLE TYPESET
.START
.TS
expand;
cb s s s
c | c | c s
ltiw(1i) | ltw(2i) | lp8 | lw(1.6i)p8.
Some Interesting Places
_
Name    Description     Practical Information
_
T{
American Museum of Natural History
T}      T{
The collections fill 11.5 acres (Michelin) or 25 acres (MTA)
of exhibition halls on four floors. There is a full-sized replica
of a blue whale and the world's largest star sapphire (stolen in 1964).
T}      Hours   10-5:45 S M Tu Th, 10-9 W Sat. Sun.
\^      \^      Location        T{
Central Park West & 79th St.
T}
\^      \^      Admission       Donation: $1.00 asked
\^      \^      Subway  AA to 81st St.
\^      \^      Telephone       212-769-5100
_
.TE

This is a minimal version of the last example from the tbl document that
reproduces the funny behavior. It breaks the line as in the source, but the
table grows beyond the page and doesn't stay as nice as seen e.g. on the troff
FAQ or when using groff -Tpdf -t -ms. Am I missing something? Is there any
workaround? I don't mind manually breaking the lines, of course.

Best regards,
Bento