Re: traveling for a few days

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: traveling for a few days
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2022 04:39:57 +1000

On macOS, Groff builds and installs perfectly from a fresh checkout
(currently using f55d8f41).

However, running `make check` produced 6 failing tests:

FAIL: src/devices/grotty/tests/basic_latin_glyphs_map_correctly.sh
> XFAIL: src/roff/groff/tests/string_case_xform_unicode_escape.sh
> XFAIL src/roff/groff/tests/string_case_xform_unicode_escape.sh (exit
> status: 1)
> XFAIL: tmac/tests/an-ext_ME-punct-hyphenates.sh
> XFAIL tmac/tests/an-ext_ME-punct-hyphenates.sh (exit status: 1)
> XFAIL: tmac/tests/an-ext_UE-breaks-before-long-URIs.sh
> XFAIL tmac/tests/an-ext_UE-breaks-before-long-URIs.sh (exit status: 1)
> XFAIL: tmac/tests/an-ext_UE-punct-hyphenates.sh
> XFAIL tmac/tests/an-ext_UE-punct-hyphenates.sh (exit status: 1)
> XFAIL: tmac/tests/e_footnotes-work-with-columns.sh
> XFAIL tmac/tests/e_footnotes-work-with-columns.sh (exit status: 1)

The first failure bothers me the most, as it relates to something I've
noticed Groff doing for a while now:

FAIL: src/devices/grotty/tests/basic_latin_glyphs_map_correctly.sh

> checking "ascii" output device...group1 group2 group3 " \ ` ' - ^ ~
> checking "latin1" output device...group1 group2 group3 " \ ` ' - ^ ~
> checking "utf8" output device...group1 group2 group3 " \ ' FAILED ` FAILED
> - FAILED ^ FAILED ~ FAILED
> FAIL src/devices/grotty/tests/basic_latin_glyphs_map_correctly.sh (exit
> status: 1)

I've saved the build log and test-suite.log. Should I open a ticket on
Savannah?

in the event I should be eaten by a grue and don't return.  :P

Carry some illuminate with you, and for God's sake, keep the damn light on.

— John