Re: [TUHS, groff] 1981 edition of AT&T Nroff/Troff User's Manual

From: John Gardner
Subject: Re: [TUHS, groff] 1981 edition of AT&T Nroff/Troff User's Manual
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2022 00:52:39 +1000

> Since PDF didn't exist in 1981, the document is either a scan or the
> result of a recent *roff run on ancient source.

It's most definitely a scan. Magnifying the pages reveals dust, surface
details (grain and creases), and shadow falloff around the holes and edges.
Each page is also titled at slight angles, suggesting manual scanning of
individual pages.

it's an impressive testimonial to the longevity and stability of troff.

Absolutely!