tbl(1) minor issues

From: Alejandro Colomar
Subject: tbl(1) minor issues
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 01:08:18 +0200

Hi Branden,

I'm reading tbl(1), so I'll report a few (minor issues) I found:

Within:

[
   Region options
       The line immediately following the .TS token may  specify
       region  options:  keywords that influence the interpreta‐
       tion or rendering of the region as a whole or  all  table
       entries  within  it indiscriminately.  They can be speci‐
       fied in any lettercase and must be separated  by  commas,
       spaces,  or  tabs.   (AT&T tbl accepted only options with
       all characters in the same lettercase.)   Some  of  these
       options  require  a parenthesized argument; those that do
       permit spaces and tabs between the option’s name and  the
       opening  parenthesis.   Options  accumulate and cannot be
       unset within a region once declared; if  an  option  that
       takes  a  parameter is repeated, the last occurrence con‐
       trols.  If present, the set of  region  options  must  be
       terminated with a semicolon (;).
]

There is:

[
       spaces,  or  tabs.   (AT&T tbl accepted only options with
       all characters in the same lettercase.)   Some  of  these
]

since the parenthesized sentence refers to the sentence previous to it, I'd put it as part of it (notice the placement of periods):

[
       spaces,  or  tabs   (AT&T tbl accepted only options with
       all characters in the same lettercase).   Some  of  these
]

There's also:

[
       all characters in the same lettercase.)   Some  of  these
       options  require  a parenthesized argument; those that do
       permit spaces and tabs between the option’s name and  the
       opening  parenthesis.   Options  accumulate and cannot be
]

I miss a comma:

[
       all characters in the same lettercase.)   Some  of  these
       options  require  a parenthesized argument; those that do,
       permit spaces and tabs between the option’s name and  the
       opening  parenthesis.   Options  accumulate and cannot be
]

Expect to see more reports about that page soon :)

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar