Re: Warn about long lines

From: Alejandro Colomar
Subject: Re: Warn about long lines
Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2022 16:33:35 +0200

On 9/5/22 14:51, Dave Kemper wrote:
On 9/5/22, Alejandro Colomar <alx.manpages@gmail.com> wrote:
Hmmm, I found it to behave differently from what you say here, but I
can't reproduce it now.  I guess I had some other issue, and that it was
my mistake.

Your environment's setting of LC_CTYPE afftects how grep (and probably
other tools in that pipeline) interprets input, so if you've been
fiddling with that, or using different environments where it's set
differently, that might be the culprit.

The thing is I haven't, AFAICR. But since I was in the middle of several related changes, I might have tested in a state where some other fix wasn't applied.

Cheers,

Alex

--
Alejandro Colomar