Re: [e9e92ee00811f7d0fcbde415346f7f4f7be14528] missed one

From: Steffen Nurpmeso
Subject: Re: [e9e92ee00811f7d0fcbde415346f7f4f7be14528] missed one
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 00:41:18 +0200

Hello Branden.

G. Branden Robinson wrote in
 <20220906205844.xbo54jzk2v7jscvf@illithid>:
 |At 2022-09-06T16:22:42+0200, Steffen Nurpmeso wrote:
 |Thanks, Steffen.  I have applied this to my working copy.

It would be _tremendous_ if \X'tty: link' would get the
possibility to create ID-only anchors, Branden.  Otherwise i have
to use a dummy link target (currently the number-sign), and then
there is indeed a link target.
Now, _if_ that less(1) pull request gets through, with

  ^O^I<id>             Search for an OSC 8 <id> in the file.
  ^O^P                 Go to previous OSC 8 link.
  ^O^N                 Go to next OSC 8 link.
  ^O^O                 Open current OSC 8 link with LESSOSC8OPEN.

then moving forward and backward via ^O^P and ^O^N will find those
dummy links, but they are only document-local anchors.

I mean, that is at least my idea for this, simply taking the HTML
way of doing things over, so that \X'tty: link #ID' searches for
and finds a document local \X'tty: link id=ID'.

I do like your idea of simply using one "link", and have any
number of user-defined colon-separated KEY=VALUE pairs.  With just
two issues, for one i would use colons for separators also on the
grotty side, so that whitespace in the input becomes possible, and
then i would really, really long for the mentioned only-ID aka
anchor thing.  That would truly be tremendous!

Ciao, and good night!

--steffen