Re: 1.23: UTF-8 device produces mysterious characters

From: Dave Kemper
Subject: Re: 1.23: UTF-8 device produces mysterious characters
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2022 14:37:31 -0500

On 9/13/22, Steffen Nurpmeso <steffen@sdaoden.eu> wrote:
> How about [12066c659ea454a663483a12181a0c33cf416b22].
> This looks promising.

How about it?  Your question is ambiguous.

The commit you cite concerns changes to the man and mdoc macros, which
Branden mentioned in his first reply in the thread.  Are you using one
of these macro sets?

I'd like to help you, but I'm finding it frustrating when you ignore
my repeated request for a specific example.  It is very common, and
widely considered a reasonable request, for those answering questions
about software to ask for your input file, the exact command line
you're using, and the output you're seeing (in this case, two sets of
output, since you're reporting a difference between groff versions).
If you choose not to honor my third request for these things, I'll bow
out of this thread.

(In my previous reply, I also pointed out that your locale definitions
affect nroff output, and asked if that could be the cause of the
change in output you're seeing.  You didn't answer that either.)