Re: APA Format

From: hbezemer
Subject: Re: APA Format
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2022 20:17:23 +0200

Hi Aaron,

Refer doesn't support APA-style referencing out of the box.
IMHO there's a need for some macrosets which would allow APA or Chigaco-style
referencing along with groff_ms (7) and groff_mm (7) macro packages.

I've gave it a try a while ago.
If you put all the attached files in the same folder and create a `build'
subfolder, you should get a very simple (and far from perfect!) example, when
running make.

The apa.tmac macro package uses awk (1) to create the right format for the
authors.
Also I use '%t' to tell apa.tmac if the entry is a book or article.
Per type you can create the right formatting.

As said it is far from perfect, so maybe more experienced users could give
advise
on what would be the best way to move from here.

Cheers,

Hans
~@ ~/Documents/Groff/ReferTest/ApaGroff.tar