Re: C Strings and String Literals. (Was: Pascal rides again)

From: Larry McVoy
Subject: Re: C Strings and String Literals. (Was: Pascal rides again)
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 12:45:19 -0800

None of this surprises me but it reminds me of how I described C to
my older son who is learning computer science.

C is sort of like driving a sports car on a narrow mountain road with
no guard rails.  If you like to text while you drive, C is not for you.
If you can't keep your eyes on the road, C is not for you.  If you are
a bad driver (programmer, duh), C is not for you.  But if you are an
expert driver, like to go fast, pay attention, C is just fine, great
in fact.

Source: been a C programmer for more than 40 years, have written
commercially used products over and over again in C.  I love C, I get
that it is not for everyone but it is an excellent language in the hands
of expert programmers.

--
---
Larry McVoy           Retired to fishing          http://www.mcvoy.com/lm/boat