Re: First impressions: strange groff default font behaviour after system

From: Deri
Subject: Re: First impressions: strange groff default font behaviour after system upgrade
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 23:18:24 +0000

On Monday, 18 December 2023 21:49:55 GMT Oliver Corff wrote:
> Hi Deri,
>
> Here we go. In the meantime I came to the conclusion that the dpdviewer
> is at fault, or rather the viewer's setup; I forwarded the pdf to a
> different system, and there everything was visible as intended.
>
> Best regards, and thank you!
>
> Oliver.

Hi Oliver,

Yes, as soon as I viewed your attached pdf and saw the glyph manquè was
visible, it confirmed the issue was with the pdf viewer.

If you run with:-

groff -Tpdf -ms -k -P-e

You should find the glyph is revealed. And if you use the font subsetting
version of gropdf I sent to the list a few weeks ago the pdf produced will be
120kb smaller.

Cheers

Deri