Re: HEAD build failure with OpenBSD yacc

From: G. Branden Robinson
Subject: Re: HEAD build failure with OpenBSD yacc
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2024 10:41:00 -0500

Hi Lennart,

At 2024-03-06T14:33:48+0000, Lennart Jablonka wrote:
> Quoth G. Branden Robinson:
> > Thanks for the report.  I confess I have no clear idea how to
> > address this problem.  Is OpenBSD's yacc the same as byacc (with
> > which I've had many successful builds, including one of HEAD just
> > now), or different?
>
> OpenBSD’s yacc is indeed Berkeley yacc, byacc.  It is not, however,
> Thomas Dickey’s version exactly.

Popping the stack from history, I cannot reproduce this problem building
on OpenBSD 7.4.  Bison is installed and found by groff's configure
script.  It's not my machine; I don't have superuser privileges.

Further, eqn.ypp says this, grabbing the "config.h" header file that
gnulib demands so ubiquitously:

%{
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <stdio.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

#include "lib.h"
#include "box.h"
extern int non_empty_flag;
int yylex();
void yyerror(const char *);
%}

https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/groff.git/tree/src/preproc/eqn/eqn.ypp#n18

So I cannot see what it is I need to do here.

What is your suggestion?