grub-devel

Re: Slow loading and GRUB work after commit 938c3760b

From: Gary Lin
Subject: Re: Slow loading and GRUB work after commit 938c3760b
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 10:15:57 +0800

On Sat, Sep 10, 2022 at 09:33:47AM +0300, jim945 via Grub-devel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am compiling grubx64.efi with modulescpio exfat ext2 fat gzio iso9660
> loopback lzopio newc normal ntfs part_gpt part_msdos probe read search tar
> test configfile echo xzio squash4 sfs memdisk
>
> The prefix is stored in the sfs container.
>
> After applying patch 938c3760b, the boot time before the menu appears
> reaches 15-20 minutes. The work is very slow.
>
> And in Qemu this problem does not appear.

Sounds a similar problem discussed in another thread.
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/grub-devel/2022-09/msg00005.html

Maybe you could try to increase DEFAULT_HEAP_SIZE to 0x2000000 or some
other larger value and see if the loadiing time is improved or not.
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/tree/grub-core/kern/efi/mm.c#n42

Gary Lin