gsl-shell-info

Re: [Gsl-shell-info] 64bit debian package?

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: Re: [Gsl-shell-info] 64bit debian package?
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2012 16:00:10 +0200

2012/4/3 John Coppola <address@hidden>:
> i was wondering if a 64bit debian package could become available?  or maybe
> some detail on how i would go about compiling gsl-shell myself.

Hi John,

I didn't prepare a 64bit debian package myself because I've only a x86
linux box. For the other side you should be able to compile GSL Shell
easily. Here some instructions:

- install the required dev packages
- type "make PREFIX=/usr" => the compilation should succeed on x64 platform
- create a directory for installation "mkdir /tmp/gsl-shell"
- type "make DESTDIR=/tmp/gsl-shell install" or in alternative, "make
install" will try to install in /usr

If everything goes fine you should have the installation files in the
/tmp/gsl-shell directory. If you want you can use these files to
create a DEBIAN package or I can do it for you if you send me the
directory as a TGZ file.

Otherwise, if you want to install just on your system you can just do:

- make PREFIX=/my/home/somewhere
- make install

I'm interested to know if you have problems compiling and installing
on a x64 platform.

Best regards,
Francesco