gsl-shell-info

[Gsl-shell-info] GSL Shell 2.3.4

From: Francesco Abbate
Subject: [Gsl-shell-info] GSL Shell 2.3.4
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2022 23:18:45 +0200

Hi,

I am not sure if there is still someone in this mailing list. It was dormant
for a long time but lately I came back to work on GSL Shell and we have some
improvements and some new modules.

This new release, GSL Shell 2.3.4, finally fixes some annoying problem with the
cursor positioning and the escape key not properly working. It also has a few
new modules for 2D Interpolation and to store time-dependent values. This latter
module is introduced especially to implement a new feature of the ODE
integration module.

Now it is possible, when integrating a differential equation, to compute some
derived quantities and to store them in a record object to be consulted at the
end of the integration period.

Another addition brought by this release is the project module that let you have
a main project's script that loads other project's modules using the "require"
Lua function.

With this release we also provide a larger number of executables to choose. The
dynamic uses the OpenBLAS library to adapt dynamically to the specific CPU used
at run time at the price of a larger executable. The packages marked with
Nehalem, Haswell and Skylake use OpenBLAS but statically targeting the
corresponding CPU. Use them if you know the CPU you are using and it matches one
of those provided.

Finally the GSL CBLAS executable uses the reference BLAS implementation provided
with the GSL library. It is safe to use and the package is smaller but matrix
multiplication will be much slower. Use it if you don't care a lot about big
matrix multiplications or inversions or if you have troubles with the other
packages.

Kind regards
Francesco