guile-devel

Re: Guile 64-bit Windows support, redux

From: Thompson, David
Subject: Re: Guile 64-bit Windows support, redux
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2024 09:19:09 -0500

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024 at 5:40 AM Jonas Hahnfeld via Developers list for
Guile, the GNU extensibility library <guile-devel@gnu.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2023-11-28 at 22:04 +0100, Jonas Hahnfeld wrote:
> >
> > Ping, any comments on this approach? I built binaries for LilyPond
> > 2.25.10 using these patches applied on top of Guile 3.0.9 and the
> > result seems to work fine on Windows.
>
> Another ping; meanwhile we switched to building the official binaries
> of LilyPond with Guile 3.0 starting from version 2.25.11, but it would
> be really great to get rid of our downstream patches...

Just chiming in to say this is a very exciting development that I had
missed when the patch set was first sent!

Does this allow a fully featured Guile build or are some things still
disabled? Does JIT work?

Hopefully Ludo or Andy can spare some time to review soon!

- Dave