guile-gtk-general

Re: wnck patch, request for tla handholding

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: wnck patch, request for tla handholding
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:00:00 +0200

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> writes:

> The combined tla tree setup for guile-gnome looks quite elegant, but
> I'm having some newbie problems with it.  I've read the tla tutorial
> again, but am still at loss.  Find a good-old tree diff below.
>
> This weekend I planned to convert my patch to the latest
> version/revision in tla and send a nice changset or publish my
> archive.  However, I'm not even sure that I have checked-out the
> latest sources, because where  but where CVS and
> guile-gobject worked fine, I'm having trouble running hello.scm:
>
>     + export
> GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/janneke/usr/pkg/g-wrap/share/guile/site:/home/janneke/usr/pkg/guile-gnome/share/guile
>     +
> GUILE_LOAD_PATH=/home/janneke/usr/pkg/g-wrap/share/guile/site:/home/janneke/usr/pkg/guile-gnome/share/guile
>     + export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/janneke/usr/pkg/g-wrap/lib:/home/janneke/usr/pkg/guile-gnome/lib
>     +
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/janneke/usr/pkg/g-wrap/lib:/home/janneke/usr/pkg/guile-gnome/lib
>     + guile -s ../src/gtk/examples/hello.scm

I presume you're running this on an installed copy of guile-gnome. You
can use

./dev-environ guile -s ../src/gtk/examples/hello.scm

from the build-tree, without installing.

> This can be fixed by doing  's/gw \(g[dt]k\)/gtk \1/' on

[snip]

> but I can imagine that the fix should be on my side...
>
>     #get guile-gnome
>     rm -rf gg-pristine
>     tla register-archive
> http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/2004/4
>     tla my-default-archive address@hidden
>     tla get guile-gnome-dists--dev gg-pristine

You know you can use 'tla get
address@hidden/guile-gnome-dists--dev gg-pristine'
without setting the default archive?

[further installation snipped]

It seems the generated gtk.scm was installed in the wrong
directory. I'll fix this, but in-tree running should work
nevertheless.

> Find the output log.gz below.
>
> That's not all: how do I get a changeset for the the full project, or
> set a tag on it?
>
>     $ tla register-archive address@hidden
> http://people.debian.org/~rotty/arch/address@hidden/2004-main
>       archive already registered: address@hidden

register-archive needs to be called only once.

>     $ tla my-default-archive address@hidden
>     $ tla archive-setup gg--wnck--0
>       [..]
>
> set tag, needed for hacking:

Since you add a new module, you should do a fresh import into your
archive, and I'll then tag the guile-gnome master archive to it
(i.e. the other way 'round). If you were to hack on a existing module,
you'd branch this.

>     $ tla tag address@hidden/guile-gnome-dists--dev--0 gg--wnck--0

As above, you'd only branch dists if you want to do hacking on the
files in there, which is just the configuration files for
build-config. Also, please only branch from the master archive
(address@hidden), not from individual's.

So, to get started with your new module:

1) do 'tla archive-setup' as above
2) do 'tla init-tree' in the sourcetree containing your project
3) copy '{arch}/=tagging-method' from the gtk module into your {arch} dir
4) adjust .arch-inventory files until 'tla inventory' shows what you expect
5) tla import

You can then just hack along and I'll branch your tree in the master
archive. After that, we have a arch-pqm setup running that allows you
to merge your changes into the master archive.

Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | address@hidden      | address@hidden | address@hidden

Q. Why is top posting bad?