CVS Guile and configure, Makefile.in, and other auxiliary files...

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: CVS Guile and configure, Makefile.in, and other auxiliary files...
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 14:32:13 +0200

I'd like to try out Guile from the CVS repository.  Because I'm
mostly doing work with Autoconf 2.49b (CVS), Automake 1.4a (CVS),
I've scrapped the older, buggier, less portable versions of those
tools...  This makes it of course impossible to bootstrap the
Guile CVS repository.  Is there a very strong reason for not adding
the auto-generated files to the Guile repository?  It would make
it more accessible to hack the source code (which I would think you
would want) without having to have all the versions of the autotrio
tools on all the packages you are involved with.  Not everyone
needs to be hacking on the build setup, you know...

  Lars J