Re: Is there any way to save SCM?

From: Chris Cramer
Subject: Re: Is there any way to save SCM?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2001 00:50:54 -0500

On Mon, Sep 17, 2001 at 10:41:23PM +0200, Dirk Herrmann wrote:
> In general, you could use the function `write' to generate a written
> representation of your object that can be read in again using
> `read'.  This, however, does not work for functions and smobs.  I don't
> even know whether it works for circular objects.

It doesn't work for

procedures (including continuations)
ports
circular pairs/vectors/arrays
variables
records, structs, vtables
smobs (includes regex matches, hooks, mutexes, etc)

The difficulty of adding support for reading/writing some of these ranges
from trivial (smobs) to insane but possible (continuations, ports).

--
C. Ray C. aka Christopher Cramer
address@hidden