Re: Re: Web development

From: Sergey Dolin
Subject: Re: Re: Web development
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 08:46:35 +0500

> > There are many attepmpts to use guile in web already. But all of then
> > are in childhood and add nothing to basic functionaity (there is no
> > cockies handling for ex.)
> Assuming you mean "cookies" (calling Dr Freud?)
:)
 the russian association are not fit exactly to english ones. But i've got
 your joke.

(offtopick on.
  During flight of Souz-Appolon russian members of expeditions had been
  spoked english and american -- russian. Their speach was ugly but
  all of them undestood eah others.
 oftopick off.
)

>then I have the start of a
> cookie encoder/decode.  I'm still running via CGI, though, so scripts have
> to add them to the headers themselves.
Probably you will find helpfull my guile FastCGI interface? It's the way
Zope developers integrated Python in Web. And the only portable way to
make database-web applications.

> > That we all are _really_ needing is power transaction system. Which will
> > keep state of user connection and their "variables".
> > It's seems continuations are ideal tool for this, but ...
> Yes, indeed, but I don't understand how to do the necessary housekeeping of
> continutations.  If I could serialise them for storage, I think I could do
> it, or if I used a built-in http server in a continuously running system,
> then a conventional cache model would also allow me to do it.
I've tried to make my transactional and state-keeping system, but find
myself inventing another environment/continuation mechanism. I'm not so
clever to make it pretty good, but can't find out how to use existing.
 So, i've desided to give up with state-less http -- my current task can
 be easy solved within telnet -- cacheFS... But idea did not die.

> Oh well, perhaps I'll start a list about this topic as soon as I get time.
> There is much to do and I think I'm starting to understand how to do it.
I found it would be better to dig in Microsoft Tranaction Server
description and Zope sources befory any attempt to bring guile into web.
 ...or ugly PHP'ish bastard will be born.

--
Sergey
Mutt/1.2.5i*FVWM2*[FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE]*(486DX2-50/20/730 Digial HiNote cs450)