Re: Is It Soup Yet?

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Is It Soup Yet?
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 12:06:33 -0600

    Me> So, I've been out of the Guile loop for a while, and I was
    Me> installing a new Guile 1.5.4 into a new machine, and I noted
    Me> some release times on the 1.5.x branch [...]

    PB> According to [...], the "latest release of Guile" is guile-1.4
    PB> from June 2000.

Oh, yeah, but I was using the unstable releases available here:

    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guile/

...which have been announced on this list and elsewhere.

Now that I think about it, it'd probably make sense for someone to
link the latest unstable release from the main site, eh?

I guess my point is that, as far as I can tell, most new work is going
into the 1.7 branch (right?) and 1.5 is kind of lagging. 1.5.4 is much
better than 1.4, and unless they're outstanding bugs it seems meet and
right to bless it as "stable."

Isn't it time to just release 1.5 as 1.6 and be done with it? Is there
something that really needs to be done with it?

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou
address@hidden