Re: language translator help

From: MJ Ray
Subject: Re: language translator help
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 00:30:40 +0100

ttn:
> if you are looking for public data look in public archives, which do not
> need to be provided by me -- they are there for review.

Arrogant swine.  I've already done that and it seems that I have
insufficient data to specify a search that locates the required information,
so I was asking you for further data (in this case some date range, or some
subject snippet perhaps) to try.  I can find lots of interesting things
about 1.4.x and 1.6, but not what I seek.

> the possibility for you to reach some well-informed conclusion is always
> there, but the probability is directly proportional to your personal
> effort.

Hardly.  This simplistic view ignores that there is another probability
involved in the search, so it is not necessarily directly proportional.
Maybe your degree didn't include enough probability theory?

> the alternative is that you hold to "i didn't see FOO so FOO didn't
> happen" which means you don't believe in your own birth (unless you were
> born w/ your eyes open :-).

Again, this is an incorrect analogy.  I have reasonable evidence that my
birth occurred and that births are the normal way for new people to enter
this world, so the prior belief is quite different.

> someday you'll be old and impatient like me [...]

You are not *that* much older than I am, if you are who I think you are.
You do seem to be considerably more impatient, though.

Then again, maybe not:
[snip!]
--
MJR