Re: PATCH: assume -s

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: PATCH: assume -s
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2003 10:05:08 +1000

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> No.  Personally I think this is useful.  Does it contravene some GNU
> standard though?

Well I guess it's a posix convention that `--' ends option processing.
I think it'd be pretty important for consistency to do the same thing
with or without it.

> (If the script uses getopt, though, I wonder if something like
> "guile foo.scm -s switch -- arg" works?  I'd guess it does.)

Hope so.  If args are passed to foo.scm then you wouldn't want options
to be sought out right through the command line (the way gnu getopt
does), but instead left for foo to interpret.