Re: Order of the evaluation of elements in a quasiquote list.

From: Geoffrey Knauth
Subject: Re: Order of the evaluation of elements in a quasiquote list.
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 09:01:03 -0400

By comparison:
  PLT 299.100 and scsh 0.6.6 return (2 2).
  JScheme 7.1 and sisc 1.9.7 return (2 1).

Geoffrey
--
Geoffrey S. Knauth | http://knauth.org/gsk

On Apr 3, 2005, at 07:38, Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005, Neil Jerram wrote:

Kjetil Svalastog Matheussen wrote:
Hi, I have recently stumbled upon various bugs in my code
because the order of the evaluation of the elements in a quasiquote
list changes.

Changes how?  Can you give us an example, to make things concrete?

Sorry, this is the stripped down version of the cause of the bug I'm
finding various places:

(let ((a 1))
  `( ,(begin (set! a 2) a)
     ,a))
-> (2 1)

Wouldn't it be better if this one returned (2 2)?