Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: Gmp now working, but number.c:147 isinf declared implicitly.
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 07:27:47 +1100

Hugh Sasse <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sat, 13 Jan 2007, Kevin Ryde wrote:
>
>> Otherwise if you think there's a function but no prototype we could
>> put a prototype in (when not otherwise provided).
>
> that sounds like the best approach to me.  There is a definition to
> be picked up when one is not available, so this seems sensible.

What would work?  Just

        int isnan (double);

In c99 it's a macro that adapts to the size of the input, but I'd
expect a function version to take a double.

> I still haven't found a good source of info for C99.  The K&R book
> was updated for ANSI C but not C99 yet.

There's a draft standard kicking around the net, google for "n869", or
check

        http://anubis.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG14/www/docs/n869/

Not tremendously helpful as such though.

> I have spent two weeks updating GNU stuff.  This insistance on
> the absolute latest versions of everything for a build is immensely
> frustrating.

For a build it's not meant to be necessary.  For developers though
there's no virtue in bugwards compatibility to old bits.