Re: user interface, asynchronous objects, garbage collection

From: Marco Maggi
Subject: Re: user interface, asynchronous objects, garbage collection
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 16:33:49 +0100

Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>have you looked at PS/Tk:
>
>  http://www.t3x.org/pstk/

I took a look at it when it was announced, and I
dismissed it because:

1. it executes a TCL shell as inferior process and this
   forces the superior one to convert all the values to
   strings, which can become time consuming, and to
   communicate through a pipe or socket pair or something
   like that, and again this is time consuming;

2. it pushes you to map Scheme to TCL, which IMHO, is
   the root of a waste of time; if one wants to interact
   with TK it has to use TCL procedures.

I have written GEE/Guile-TCL in a couple of days, and it
is finished with very simple code.

--
Marco Maggi

"They say jump!, you say how high?"
Rage Against the Machine - "Bullet in the Head"