libguile/__scm.h patchlet

From: David Fang
Subject: libguile/__scm.h patchlet
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 15:30:40 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
        I'm encountering a minor annnoyance in the guile-1.6 headers:

#ifdef STDC_HEADERS
# include <stdlib.h>
# if HAVE_SYS_TYPES_H
#  include <sys/types.h>
# endif
# if HAVE_SYS_STDTYPES_H
#  include <sys/stdtypes.h>
# endif
#  include <stddef.h>
#endif /* def STDC_HEADERS */

On systems that are missing <sys/types.h> or <sys/stdtypes.h> (more
likely), I can't use -Werror to compile because the configure headers
don't define say HAVE_SYS_STDTYPES_H, which trips a warning like:

/sw/include/libguile/__scm.h:315:6: "HAVE_SYS_STDTYPES_H" is not defined
In file included from /sw/include/libguile.h:97,

which is then promoted to an error (by request).  A discussion in recent
months on the autoconf mailing list concluded that
"#ifdef HAVE_SOME_HEADER_H" was a more appropriate usage of config.h
macros.

Might I request the macro tests in the above context be updated
accordingly (#ifdef in place of #if)?

guile-1.8's headers also have two instances of "#if HAVE" in the headers
are on standard headers that are usually found.

/sw/include/libguile/tags.h:#if HAVE_INTTYPES_H
/sw/include/libguile/tags.h:# if HAVE_STDINT_H

Either way, it's not a big deal, I can always override with -Wno-error.
This is the only problem with the headers I've found, so the headers are
in quite good shape.

Thanks.

David Fang
Computer Systems Laboratory
Electrical & Computer Engineering
Cornell University
http://www.csl.cornell.edu/~fang/
        -- (2400 baud? Netscape 3.0?? lynx??? No problem!)