[ann] guile-gnome-platform 2.15.95 released

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: [ann] guile-gnome-platform 2.15.95 released
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2007 17:29:07 +0100

Brisk November greetings!

I am pleased to announce the release of guile-gnome-platform version
2.15.95.

guile-gnome-platform 2.15.95 may be downloaded from:
http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/guile-gnome/guile-gnome-platform/guile-gnome-platform-2.15.95.tar.gz

About guile-gnome-platform
==========================

guile-gnome-platform is a binding between Guile Scheme and the Gnome
stack of libraries.

This release is a bugfix release in the unstable 2.15 series, which aims
to wrap the libraries in the Gnome Developer Platform at version 2.16.
It is unstable, but 2.16.0 will be stable.

The most notable feature of this release is documentation for the
Libglade, Gnome Canvas, Gnome VFS, GConf, Libgnome, and Libgnomeui
libraries. These are available as Info files, and also on the web at:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/guile-gnome/docs/

Also note the incompatible change to (gnome gtk), described below.

In addition, we have added API regression unit tests to all modules,
ensuring that no unintentional changes will sneak in in our push towards
a stable release. For a stable 2.16.0 release, the remaining task is to
conduct an API review of all modules to make sure that the types are
sane.

Changes
=======

packaging changes
-----------------
* Build system work: add common makefile include for unit tests and a
  new check-coverage target to documentation builds.

atk
---
* Added API regression test suite.

cairo
-----
* New platform release, no change.

corba
-----
* New platform release, no change.

defs
----
* New platform release, no change.

docs
----
* New platform release, no change.

gconf
-----
* Add API regression test suite.

* Add documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

glib
----
* Added API regression unit tests for (gnome gw glib); previously only
  (gnome gobject) was tested.

* Add new code to check documentation coverage, integrated with the
  build system via the generate-docs.mk file in the `pkg' module.

* Fix documentation of class properties.

gnome-vfs
---------
* Add API regression test suite.

* Add documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

The docs are suboptimal, as they do not talk at all the mapping between
gnome-vfs handles and scheme ports.

gtk
---
* Incompatible change: (gnome gtk) only exports GDK and GTK functions

(gnome gtk) used to re-export (oop goops), (gnome gobject), and a number
of other modules. This was changed so that we could guarantee a stable
interface for (gnome gtk); if you want other modules, you should
explicitly require them.

* Added API regression test suite.

libglade
--------
* Added documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

* Added API regression test suite.

libgnome
--------
* Add documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

* Add API regression test suite.

libgnomecanvas
--------------
* Add API regression test suite.

* Add documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

libgnomeui
----------
* Add documentation, generated from upstream gtk-doc.

* Add API regression test suite.

pango
-----
* Fix linking errors that made pangocairo unusable.

* Add API regression test suite.

Cheers,

Andy
--