Re: the future of Guile

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: the future of Guile
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2007 11:05:48 -0500

I've been frustrated with the situation, too.  Might I direct your
attention to the Snow project?  (http://snow.iro.umontreal.ca/)

One of the difficulties with these things is that they kind of require
a certain critical mass to establish themselves, and, so far,
nothing's really done that.  (SLIB, maybe?)  One thing that seems
apparent to me, though, is that any good packaging / library solution
is going to be cross-interpreter, so we should pay attention to what's
going on with PLT, Chicken, etc.