Re: Greg testing framework

From: Linas Vepstas
Subject: Re: Greg testing framework
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:14:39 -0600

2009/2/3 Paul Emsley <address@hidden>:
> Ludovic Courtès wrote:
>> Paul Emsley <address@hidden> writes:
>>> However, Greg is great.
>>>
>>> This is Greg's Home:
>>> http://home.gna.org/greg/
>>>
>>> I made some fixes that didn't make it into stable release, I get the
>>> fixed up Greg from here:
>>>
>>> http://www.ysbl.york.ac.uk/~emsley/software/extras/greg-2.0.0-pe.tar.gz
>>>

>> What's the maintainance status?  It it sill used in GNUstep or other
>> projects?  It looks much nicer than DejaGNU...
>
> I'm afraid that I can't be of much help - I don't know in what way GNUstep
> uses Greg (however, I use it almost every day).  **Maurizio Boriani is the
> maintainer (his email address is in the README file), but he **does not
> correspond with me.
>
> As for DejaGNU vs Greg... tcl vs guile?  Night and day... no contest!

Maurizio Boriani seems to have vanished somewhere.
I took over maintenance for guile-dbi from him just late
last year; I never received a response from him in
3-4 months of trying.

I eventually convinced the gna.org people to grant me
write access to the guile-dbi project, but that also was
not easy to do -- They did not respond on thier 'normal'
channels, I had to file a server bug or something else
strange like that, to get their attention.

The right thing to do would be to register with gna.org,
and try to get them to add you as a project maintainer
for greg, and push your updates there.

--linas