Re: About the primitive macros `and' and `or'

From: Stephen Compall
Subject: Re: About the primitive macros `and' and `or'
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 00:20:36 -0600

On Fri, 2009-12-25 at 13:18 +0800, Yi DAI wrote:

> If anyone can give a reasonable explanation, I may buy it. Otherwise,
> I will go with my version in the future. And I suggest Guile or the
> standard committee fix this annoying `bug' of Scheme.

I, for one, cannot find fault with your suggestion, and look forward to
the pending releases of ERR6RS (and likely ERERR5RS) to handle this
problem.

Hopefully they will also accept my suggestion to make normal-order
evaluation the standard, rather than perpetuating the anachronistic
applicative-order orthodoxy.  I think this would quite go hand-in-hand
with your bugfix.

> Finally, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all us Guile users, and
> Guile developers.

And appropriate seasonally appropriate holiday wishes to all from me as
well!

--
Sorry but you say Nibiru is a Hoax?  Doesnt Exist?  So maybe The
Sumerian people doesnt exist also! --Anonymous by way of SkI