Re: Guile, Emacs, and smartphones

From: Joel James Adamson
Subject: Re: Guile, Emacs, and smartphones
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 11:13:19 -0500

Mike Gran <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi-
>
> So, it is time for me to buy a new phone.
>
> Has anyone run Emacs or Guile on their phone?
>
> (Somehow I doubt there is a phone keyboard that'll let me type
> <Shift>+<Alt>).

I have not tried any; but the question I ask is "which Emacs features do
you want?"  One of my main uses of Emacs is Org Mode[1], which has
Android and iPhone extensions.

And you may not be able to use key chords, but there are plenty of major
modes that use single keys (like dired).

Joel

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.orgmode.org

--
Joel J. Adamson
Servedio Lab -- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill