guile user base

From: rixed
Subject: guile user base
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2011 00:39:13 +0100

Warning, non-technical ramblings incoming.

In your opinion, how does guile user community compare (in size) with other
free schemes user communities? I am under the impression that guile user base
is somewhat smaller than chicken' or racket', but to what extent?  And how
could we roughly figure this out? Also, how well is the user base growing since
v2 came out? Do we have some download stats for instance?

Because I stumbled upon the Chicken Gazette[1] today, and I'm wondering whether
it would make sens for Guile to have a similar regular source of news?

Or maybe I should just draft a first one and see if it draws some interest?

[1]: http://gazette.call-cc.org