Re: mu-guile: e-mail searching and stats

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: mu-guile: e-mail searching and stats
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2012 23:31:06 +0100

Hello,

Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <address@hidden> skribis:

> I've just released version 0.9.8 of mu[1], my e-mail search engine / indexer
> (and now also an experimental e-mail client[2] for emacs).
>
> For Guile-users, however, the most interesting part are guile-bindings[3] that
> I have added. With those bindings, you can analyze your e-mail corpus, and
> generate all kinds of interesting statistics. While I'm no Guile/Scheme expert
> by any means, I'm quite happy with the result, and the power it adds to my
> program to add being able to script in Guile; note, only Guile 2.0 is
> supported.

This all looks like an interesting piece of work!

Incidentally, GNU Mailutils supports many common email-related
operations and comes with Guile bindings [0], but lacks the database
part that mu provides.  I wonder whether/how the two could be plugged
together.

Thanks,
Ludo’.

[0] http://gnu.org/s/mailutils/