Re: Hash table read syntax in guile 2.0

From: Daniel Hartwig
Subject: Re: Hash table read syntax in guile 2.0
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 10:47:45 +0800

On 18 February 2013 10:36, Hengqing Hu <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thanks for the collaboration.
>
> You are right, that's what I mean by a deep list.

So what do you consider the length of the example deep list, is it
two, three, or six?  Length implies a particular dimension, which is
naturally the ordering of the outer list.

Scheme considers:
(length '((1 2 3) (4 5 6)))
=>
2

?

> One usage of knowing the information is to tell
> whether the hash table is empty or not,
> Since a hash-empty? procedure is not provided.

Yes but, why do you want to know that?  Isnt what matters whether a
particular key exists or not, and what is its value?  This is the
primary purpose of hash tables, no?

The number of active bindings in the hash table is really just a book
keeping detail.