Creating temporary files

From: msematman
Subject: Creating temporary files
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:39:26 +0100

I am somewhat confused by the behaviour of 'tmpfile' function in guile
2.0.5

For example,

(define a (tmpfile))
(port-filename a)

returns #f. Shouldn't there be a file created in /tmp ?

Using 'write-line' and 'read-line' from the module 'rdelim' to store and
access the contents of 'a' is not working. One can write stuff in, but
'read-line' always
returns an 'eof' object. I tried rewinding the file by using
'set-port-line!' and it still did not work.

Am I using this utility in a wrong way? Is it obsoleted?

--

  address@hidden