Re: guile-gnome and guile 2

From: David Pirotte
Subject: Re: guile-gnome and guile 2
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 17:20:18 -0300

Hi again,

> I do have libglib2.0-dev installed here, so I don't think this is it.

Sorry, indeed I miss read your message.

> The complained file is `/glib/gnome/gobject/guile-support.h', line 27.
> One can see that it is indeed including something other than `glib.h',
> in this case, `glib/gmacros.h', which `gmacros.h' doesn't like and has a
> specific #if for this.

I still think it is a dependency problem though, but I am a 'user', and do not
know
the details as well as developers of course.

I suggest you send a compressed version of your config.log and an extract of the
latest lines of the make... Did g-wrap and guile-cairo configure/make/install
ok?

I personally install[ed] the all suite from git [guile, g-wrap, guile-cairo and
guile-gnome] because even just for guile, debian is too outdated for my needs
[and
guile-cairo has been updated to allow me to run guile-clutter] ... If you are on
debian, and if you are interested, I wrote a small .org help for myself, that
I'd
happy to share [no warranty :), it is not properly formated, nor complete ...
it is
ok 'for me' :)].

Cheers,
David

ps:     you may want to join us on #guile @ freenode, I am sure there will be
other guilers willing to help you too, but I am regularly there too and for
quick
quiz it's faster ...