The status of statprof

From: Panicz Maciej Godek
Subject: The status of statprof
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 14:37:49 +0200

Hi,
I've been trying to run the statprof that's
shipped with guile-2.0 with the following
code, but it reports "no samples taken".

The issue started with another project that
I wanted to profile, and there it worked, but
didn't count the calls (reported 0 to all of them).
So I decided to see that for the simplest case,
but apparently the simplest case doesn't work
(perhaps due to some optimizations). So my
question is: what is the status of the statprof
Is it maintained, or has it been abandoned,
or are there any additional tricks to get it
right? Here's the code:

(use-modules (statprof))

(define (increase x)
  (sleep 1)