Re: GNU Guile 2.0.10 released

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 2.0.10 released
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 12:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

On Wednesday, March 26, 2014 11:45 AM, Panicz Maciej Godek <address@hidden>
wrote:

>>> I had a "process hacker" tool installed, and it allows me to do some
>>> introspection (although I understand very little). [...]
>>
>> Isn't this the same problem I reported last year, starting here:
>>
>http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guile-user/2013-06/msg00022.html
>>
>> I suggest to configure Guile --without-threads, and see if that
>> resolves the issue.

Tangentially related...

The Guile build uses the in-tree Guile executable in
the GEN guile-procedure.texi step.  Backed when I hacked on Guile,
failing at that step was pretty common if the executable is less
than 100%.  But a version of Guile that isn't correct enough
to pass that step may still be functional enough to run much
of 'make check'.

Thus, I often found it useful hand edit the Makefile to strip out the
document generation steps so that the build would continue as far as
possible.

-Mike