[ANN] srt2vtt 0.1 released

From: David Thompson
Subject: [ANN] srt2vtt 0.1 released
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2015 17:40:24 -0500

srt2vtt is a simple command-line tool that converts SubRip formatted
subtitles to WebVTT format for use with the HTML5 <track> tag.  It is
written in pure Guile Scheme.

I wrote this software to handle converting the growing number of
translations of the FSF's new "User Liberation"[0] video from SRT to
WebVTT format so that visitors could see the subtitles in their native
language from the comfort of their web browser.  The only pre-existing,
easy-to-use software that I found to do this was SaSS, and the
underlying source code (which is free) is written in PHP and has no CLI.
So, I decided that the world needed something better. :)

It has worked well enough for my needs thus far.  I hope that it may be
useful to someone else.

The 0.1 source release can be found at
<http://dthompson.us/releases/srt2vtt/srt2vtt-0.1.tar.gz>.

The home page for srt2vtt can be found at
<http://dthompson.us/pages/software/srt2vtt.html>.

Happy hacking, fellow Guilers!

[0]
https://www.fsf.org/blogs/community/user-liberation-watch-and-share-our-new-video#info