Re: [HELP] a search engine in GNU Guile

From: amirouche
Subject: Re: [HELP] a search engine in GNU Guile
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2017 11:56:24 +0100

Héllo Ralf,

On 2016-09-09 16:05, Ralf Mattes wrote:
On Fri, Sep 09, 2016 at 09:39:24AM -0500, Christopher Allan Webber wrote:
Amirouche Boubekki writes:

[...]

(and, in the case of Lucene, a rather well working,

It's not possible to use a custom storage engine with Lucene.

extremly mature

My theory is that some search engine businesses like algolia forked
Lucene to build
it on top of something similar to wiredtiger and can now claim
impressive performance.

Based on the blog post serie algolia has done, they do not use
something like wiredtiger. So I was fully wrong. They have fine
tuned datastructures for every problem they encounter for indexing
and querying.

https://blog.algolia.com/inside-the-algolia-engine-part-1-indexing-vs-search/

Anyway, outside the far reaching goal of achieving concept search,
I find wiredtiger handy+good enough that's why I use it. That's said
if I need to get a living from my free coding I will not use
wiredtiger.

Best regards,

Amirouche